Commercial Asset Manager
MCR Property Group is an investment and development company, with a primary focus in the industrial and residential sectors.
MCR is looking for an ambitious Asset Manager who will be a highly motivated and experienced all round property professional with a background in acquisition, value add asset management and disposal.
Strong management skills are necessary for the role as you will be required to manage every aspect of your individual deals, from the financial aspect of business with keeping costs down, to dealing with contractors, legal, planning authorities, estate agents and everyone in between, right through to the successful sale of the assets.
Typically, a successful candidate will have a pro-active attitude due to this independent working style and extensive experience in all aspects of property. Surveying experience and RICS qualifications are preferable, but not a pre-requisite.
- Preparing asset strategies and implementing actions within proposed time scales
- Identifying opportunities and initiatives to enhance and increase capital and rental value, from planning permissions to renovations
- Initiating and completing lease extensions or re-gears to maximise income and capital value
- Coordinating any reactive or planned repairs or maintenance
- Ensuring that all Landlord & Tenant lease obligations under the leases are complied with
- Ensuring all rents due are collected. If required, taking the appropriate action to recover outstanding debt by working closely with the Finance team
- Preparation of appraisals to present to Board for approval process
- Devising an exit strategy and plan to asset sale.
- Track record of understanding customer needs and achieving successful negotiation outcomes, delivering on stretching financial and non-financial targets
- Financial and commercial awareness to be able to drive rental income and improve portfolio/asset performance
- Expert knowledge of the lease management cycle (rent reviews, lease renewals, lease variations, change of use and other transactions)
- Demonstrated project management skills including the efficient and effective management of outsourced service providers and advisors
To be considered for this role, we look for:
- RICS qualification
- Property Management experience
- Asset Management experience
- Agency / Landlord & Tenant background
This opportunity is challenging, but it provides the chance for independent working within an established and successful property development and investment company. With financial backing and industry contacts in place, there is the prospect to have creative input in the process of managing assets in a dynamic work place. The career growth possibilities are endless, and your input will be proportional to your rewards within the business.
Salary: £40,000 – £55,000 DOE